Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turns out, it *may* be my fault.

I've started to take a step back these days. I mean really think about the frustrations with dealing with a three year old. And the more I do, the more I see myself. As previous posts have indicated I have a bit of a temper myself. I also get frustrated very quickly. I have a very hard time falling asleep since I can't shut my brain off. And now that I am really thinking about it, I may have a few issues paying attention (in meetings I have to doodle if I have any chance at retaining anything).

All of these, um, traits, I have shared with Adam. I get exactly what he is feeling when he's frustrated. I understand his temper tantrums. And I know that when he's bored there is no hope in heck that he is going to pay attention. What I don't know is how to help him through it. Since I obviously don't have the capacity to truly deal with it myself how am I supposed to help him?

But maybe the trick isn't for me to know everything ~ maybe its for Adam and I to figure it out together? This could be interesting ;)

Hopefully though, now that I am thinking this way and comprehending what he is going through, I'll be able to nip tantrums and frustration in the bud. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment