Tuesday, January 3, 2012

152.

I wasn't going to post this, and then I was, and then I wasn't ... After a lot of this I said screw it and here we are.

The number above is my current weight. The heaviest I have ever been. But rather than drown my sorrows in a bag of chips drizzled with chocolate I have made a New Years resolution to get back in to shape and to stop eating like there is no such thing as calories.

For those who know me well, you know this will be a challenge. I love to eat. It's just delicious. But I also love feeling good. I seriously hope feeling good wins out over the satisfaction of a handful of marshmallows.

It's a bit strange for me to have put on so much weight so fast. It's never happened before. But I've never been 31 before ... It seems as though my mom's tales of gaining weight after 30 weren't so much tales as they were fact (but I've mentioned that before).

I hope 2012 brings many things but I really really want to lose the um, thickness. Tonight I went on the elliptical for 30 minutes and I ate much better today. I didn't go crazy, I had a few Werther's throughout the day, but I certainly do feel better. Therefore I am deeming day #1 a success!

Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone? If yes, know that you are not alone :)

Happy New Year! May 2012 bring you much love and happiness.

Jaclyn.

3 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for posting your weight. I couldn't bring myself to do it!
    I am in the same boat over here - I hope to lose the baby weight+20. Yikes!!

    Happy New Year to you guys too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it helps, this is my current weight as well and I have to say I'm pretty happy about it - especially considering I tipped the scale at 220 just before I gave birth 7 1/2 months ago. Don't feel too bad about yourself, just get a little more active and skip the whipped cream on your latte from time to time and the weight will come off a pound or two at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here Jac, turning 30 did something strange...never had a "weight" problem before! No excuses for me this year. I started using lose-it on my iphone so I can track everything.

    ReplyDelete