Thursday, January 5, 2012

A published author, I am!

Over the holidays my grandmother gave me an album with most of the cards and letters I have ever sent her. It was actually pretty cool to see the progression of my writing skills, my thoughts as a youngin'. But what caught my attention most was an itty bitty article clipped from the Local paper. I was 12 when I wrote and submit the article about bullying. It wasn't well written, not overly insightful ... But it was published.

I thought my desire to write was a somewhat newfound thing but it appears I was wrong.

It's crazy how much you forget, how much gets pushed to the back of the brain. Sometimes you need that little reminder from grandma about what has always been there...

So now I am going to start writing more. It's not as though I all of the sudden have a ton of free time, but I'm going to try to use some of the free time I do have to harness what I apparently used to, and once again, love to do.

Could you also have pushed something to the back? It's the start of a new year ... No time like the present :)

Jaclyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment