Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm a SAP.

It is official. Motherhood has made me a sap. It started when I was pregnant with Adam. I'd cry during commercials, during movies (seems like no biggie until you hear that the movies were comedies), sporting events, etc.

When it continued through after he was born I figured it was from the sleepless nights. Once those stopped I was pregnant with Blair so I figured it was the pregnancy thing again. But here I am, 2.5 years after my daughter's birth and I am crying during THE VOICE!!

Yes, The Voice. The reality tv show. What the heck?! This is ridiculous. I got choked up during the highlights of the Olympics. I cried when I saw a mom following the school bus on the first day of school (she was crying too).

And don't get me started on my kids. They ride their bikes - I cry. They swim without a life jacket - I cry. They give me the perfect hug - I cry. They hit a golf ball for the first time - I cry. It is endless.

Thankfully I'm not a full out balls of tears but still ...

This isn't to say I was tough as steel before ever being pregnant - but I had some self control. But alas, it appears it has been taken from me and it ain't coming back.

So if you see me walking down the street or in my car and I happen to be crying, don't worry, all is well, I probably just heard a beautiful song or saw a birdie fly for the first time.

Jaclyn.

1 comment:

  1. I almost teared up today when I watched a video of Ed Whitlock the 81 year old guy break 10k world record (for his age group). His stride was so fluid, he looked like he was about 30 years old! It was truly inspirational Maybe I'm getting older or I'm just a sap as well...

    ReplyDelete