Sunday, September 9, 2012

The end of an era.

Well, that's a bit dramatic but for me it truly is the end of something. I recently played my last soccer game. I've been playing soccer for 20 years ...

This season (sounds like I was a pro ... I most definitely was not) was plagued with injuries and lack of passion. For the first time in my life I could not keep up with our opponents (most of them being under the age of 22) nor did I care. I was also hurt the majority of the summer - I did in my back and then got nailed in the leg (just a really bad bruise but I was sure it was broken).

When we lost, I was of course disappointed but not to near the same extent as even one year earlier.

But this does mark the start of something new for me. Next summer I am going to learn how to play tennis! I am beyond excited for this and have even done research as to lessons available and the cost of memberships. In the process I discovered that they have lessons for children as young as five. So Adam and I will be learning together next summer - and we will be at the same level!

I honestly never thought I would stop playing soccer. But the day has come. And I am 100% sure and 100% psyched to try tennis.

Expect future posts about tennis - or at the very least the great new outfits I got to play :)

Jaclyn.

PS. I already bought an adorable Lululemon tennis skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment