Friday, April 1, 2011

Can you become, can you become, a new version of you?

True fans will know what I am referring to ... that line from a song will resonate with the real Felicity fans.

Lately I have been re-watching this show that was one of my favorites through high school (and I think a bit of university but these days time/dates are something I can't remember). And every time the theme song comes on it makes me a bit nervous. Nervous you ask? How could a tv show make me nervous?

It makes me nervous because I can remember the emotions and angst I was feeling when I first watched the show ... and then it hits home that in about 15-17 years I am going to have a teenage girl going through her own version of the same thing. There were so many times I was sure my life was over (yes, I'll admit, I was a BIT dramatic) ... fights with friends, my heart was broken, times I just wanted to become a new version of me and it was my mom I went to for comfort, for the right words. Blair (I hope) will be coming to me and I want to have the right words, I want to say the right thing. I want her to feel safe and secure in my arms.

Question is ~ will I have the right words? Say the right thing? Did my mom have a manual or did she just instinctively know? I hope there's a manual, my instincts have been known to let me down.

I know I am getting ahead of myself, especially when there are things I should be addressing now (like Blair, at age one, having temper tantrums) but Felicity evokes these fears (yet for some reason I can't stop watching!).

Only time will tell I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment