Monday, October 3, 2011

Jiggle Jiggle.

It's been so long. Too long. I miss blogging. It's cathartic. It's my space. But alas we are so freaking BUSY. The weekdays are bananas and by the time the weekends roll around I just want to hang with James and the kids. But right now James and Adam are playing hiding hide and seek with Toby (our dog) so I have a few moments to myself.

So tonight I write about the jiggle jiggle.

My mother in law always told me that when I turned 30 things would start 'shifting'. I dismissed it every time, she was so wrong. Well, I was wrong. And if she were here right now she would take some delight in saying 'I told you so'.

All of the sudden I have some serious jiggle jiggle (that is a quote from the lips of my darling son ... Thankfully for him he didn't use it on me, yet). I have a um, tire. It's crazy. My diet hasn't changed, it's not like I have this great diet or anything but it hasn't changed. And I'm working out three times per week. But still it's there, a tire has located itself along my mid section.

It's a bit depressing. I've never had an issue with my belly. I've never had a six-pack but I've never had a beer gut either.

I told my mom about it, hoping she would say it was just a quick phase. Nope. Apparently she and many of her friends had the same issue, for quite some time. Blargh.

So tonight out come the crunches. I will defeat the jiggle... After a bowl of icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment