Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perspective.

Last year, around this time actually, I posted about a man who was blogging his battle with cancer. The big draw to his website was a birthday video he made for his wife that was beautiful.

I have been following his blog since that time. His battle has been full of ups and downs, but mainly downs. Through it all he has clung to his faith and hope. But he recently received the news no one wants to hear ... He has 3-6 months to live. He has two young boys, a wife he adores, and has 3-6 months left with him. I can't imagine.

Reading his last post was a reminder for me just how lucky I am. I have a husband who I love more and more every day, a son who has a devilish smile that melts my heart multiple times a day, and a daughter who makes me laugh more than I ever thought a 19-month old could.

The love I feel for my family is nothing I could ever put in to words and right now Kristian Anderson (the man fighting for his life) is trying to document his love for his family so that they always know he is in their hearts.

Life is so short. Painfully short. I have always told my children how much I love them everyday - but for the past few days I've stolen a few more hugs and kisses. And I plan to steal as many as possible for the rest of my life.



(should you want to read Kristian's blog there is a link at the bottom of this site)

No comments:

Post a Comment