Monday, April 30, 2012

Bath time = Blog time?

Bath time has morphed. I'm no longer needed (except for ensuring no one drowns). They play with each other, they wash themselves and generally just get along without me.

It's a strange feeling. Two and four years ago I was holding them for their entire baths. I was vital to the equation.

I work for the government where the saying is that the only constant is change. There is no situation that holds more true to that than parenthood. It is constantly changing. And I don't mean the "awww, Blair learned how to say fork and not f*ck" changes - I mean the big "don't need you anymore mom" changes. (Note: that example is not true, Blair still can't say fork properly.)

So maybe bath time will become my blogging time. Which I can handle because I do miss my outlet. Getting my thoughts out helps so much. I get stuck in my own head sometimes and have a tendency to make mountains out of molehills unless I get it out.

Ok, I'm still needed ... To make sure they don't kill each other (Blair just grabbed and twisted Adam's unmentionables). Well, it's nice to be needed even though the reason changed :)

Jaclyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment