Tuesday, May 3, 2011

To be better.

That was my New Years' Resolution.

Easy enough right?
Well, four months have gone by ... and I'm not willing to say I've been better.
I'm not worse, but I'm definitely not better.

66% of the year left ... can I turn it around?
I hope so ... but hope will only get me so far, its the desire, that fierce need that I haven't been able to extract.

Why don't I want to be better enough that I actually DO IT? Plain and simple, because its easier not to. Its easier to be the same, to stay in my box, to eat icing that I made for the sole purpose of eating out of the bowl.

I'm at a conference this week and I am surrounded by people who want to effect change. They want to make the world a better place. My goal isn't quite as lofty but its along the same lines ~ I want to make the world I provide my kids a better place. In order to do this I need to be fit, healthy, of sound mind.

Fit ... I'm supposed to be running right now ...
Healthy ... creme brulee for dessert after a huge steak dinner ...
Sound mind ... not so much sleep these days ...

Hmm, ok, today's not the day. But there will be a day! And I am going to keep updating my blog with posts like this until I actually do it. To remind me that I have a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment