Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm in love.

With my new washing machine.

Oh how times have changed ... in the past to drop a boat load of money on a washer and dryer seemed ludacris (point and case - we spent $500 total on our first set ... thinking what's the big deal ~ as long as they wash clothes we're set). But now, with four laundry producing machines in the house and the laundry being one of my assigned tasks, there was a need for more than something that simply 'washed the clothes'.

I had a few criteria when I set out - couldn't be too expensive (I don't think the kids would appreciate eating rice for the next year), had to be BIG, and had to use less water and energy.

We knew when we saw them ... sitting there, calling my name. Telling me how big they were and how many clothes I could put in them. Telling me they would save me time. And humming a tune when I opened them.

But I didn't fall in love until I did my first wash. Holy cow can I ever fit a ton of clothes in my washing machine! We're talking 2.5 times what I could put in my old washer. And it doesn't sound like its going to jump through the wall when I run it. Its amazing.

Yes, my priorities have shifted. Its pretty crazy how much changes in a few years. But they haven't shifted completely ... I still have my standards ... and my new washer/dryer set meets these standards as it is RED!

Happy Laundering to Me!! :)

1 comment: