Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hello from Nashville!

Well, here I am ... in Nashville, Tennessee. Crazy! It feels very odd to be away from James and the kids but I am having a grea time. We (my mom, friend Ashley and her mom Joanne) are here for CMA Fest - yes, that's right, I love country music.

We got off to a good start yesterday with a star sighting at the airport - Leanne Rimes. My mom didn't see her face though as she was focused on her insanely high shoes and equally insanely thin legs.

Last night we went to the CMT Video Awards - very cool experience - and interesting to see how its done (it was shown on tv live). But what I enjoyed the most was to see how much the artists cheared each other on - it was crazy. Keith Urban and Charles Kelley (from Lady Antebellum) were by far the most active, hand clappin' foot stampin' supporters of their fellow artists.

After the show we headed to Jerrod Neimann's fan club party ... (I'll pause for a moment for you to laugh at me for being part of a fan club) ... as part of the fan club we got in free and it was a heck of a show. Lee Brice, Jake Owen and Tyler Farr came on stage and it was a crazy party. We also got to meet Jerrod Neimann and had our pics taken with him. Oh, Ashley and I also line danced ... we kicked ass (lol).

Today we once again saw Jake Owen ... I'm a new fan. Excellent singer and performer. It is crazy hot here. There are people who have brought their children - personally, I think that in this heat its almost cruel. Its drippin' hot.

This evening we are going to the first night of the fest itself. Brad Paisley is my main attraction this evening, and when he comes on I will think of my two favourite men ... Adam and James are both huge Brad fans.

I am of course annoying James with text messages, checking in to see how things are (including at 3am last night, oops, sorry babe), they are of course doing just fine without me.

Anyways - time to eat and get ready. I am going to attempt to wear 5 inch heels this evening ... bhah ha ha, I'll probably bite it like Shania Twain did at the awards last night (she seriously did, check it out on youtube).

More from Nashville later :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So glad to hear that you are having a blast!!! Sounds so fun...I wish I was there and I'm not even a Country fan! Although, I'm starting to appreciate the odd tune because of you :) Keep the updates coming. And if you catch a glimpse of Tim McGraw, take a pic for me...I think he's kinda cute ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying yourself... sounds like a great experience! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete