Thursday, June 30, 2011

Muther (insert word here).

Lately the human race has been testing me. Well, in all honesty its been two men testing me. The jerk behind me on the Parkway last night and the jacka** parking attendant who gave me a parking ticket today.

Yesterday, I stopped and let a bunch of people in ... ALL of these people kept on going to get over to the furthest lane. I knew this was what would happen, that's what always happens. Absolutely NO ONE went in front of me. But since traffic was at a dead stop (due to a red light!) I figured why not let these people in and get home to their families. And as I was about to move forward this a-hole honked at me and shot me the finger. And then I saw him ranting and screaming at me. I of course returned the gesture ... to only then notice he had a young boy with him. Are you serious?! That is what you are teaching your child?! (Note: my children were not with me.)

I was so mad I was shaking. I couldn't believe that my kind gesture was paid back by this kind of act. He then tried to chase me on the Parkway but I could see his wife pleading with him not to be a dick ... sorry honey, you're not going to win that battle. Once a dick, always a dick.

And then today, I go in to work for a few hours ON MY DAY OFF ... I'm a federal public servant. I love my job, I am lucky to have it. So to go in for a few hours with my daughter was no big deal. But I was 15 minutes late due to Blair being so darn cute that everyone (even people I didn't know) wanted to see her ... and this is how I am paid back: I took off running once outside knowing I was late ... the parking attendant (here on out known as Dick #2) saw me coming with three bags and a baby in a crappy umbrella stroller. He didn't even flinch. He kept on processing. And when I finally made it to my car he just looked at me with this blank face and said "I'm sorry".

Dick #2 wasn't ready for my reply though ... "Don't lie, you're not sorry." He didn't like that too much. But seriously, if you have to give me the ticket, fine, I can accept that ... but to show no compassion or understanding?! So as I said on Facebook, Dick #2:

I wish for you a flat tire and subsequently a parking ticket. Wait ... make that two flat tires. And a speeding ticket. And your mother should wash your mouth out with soap since you were lying when you said you were sorry.

For the first Dick, I wish that you are paid back in kind x10. I hope you are treated very very poorly after doing something nice (if that's even possible given your genetic makeup).

I know its not nice for me to wish bad things on people, but I am sick of people treating others so poorly. I wave when someone lets me in a lane, I say hi when I pass people in the street, I smile at complete strangers ... it takes no effort and lets people know we appreciate the things they do or that we at least see them.

So maybe if Dick #2 gets a flat tire this lovely long weekend he'll know its from me and next time he sees a mother with a young child running he'll give her a break. And maybe the next time Dick gets honked at maybe he'll remember what he did and say a silent "sorry".

1 comment: