Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Decisions.

Yet again James and I were faced with a daycare related decision. We are totally happy with the care Adam is receiving in his current location but were recently offered a spot at a centre in our school district. Seems like an easy decision right? Especially since he'll have to move at some point before he starts school. But it really wasn't an easy decision. Adam has friends at his daycare, he knows the building, he knows the teachers ... to uproot him seems almost mean. In the end we decided to switch him as we think it will be easier for him now rather than changing daycares and schools all at once.

But this got me thinking of all the decisions we're going to face when it comes to our kids. Its scary. I mean, I know we do what we think is best as there are no crystal balls, but it still scares me. Until we made the decision to switch him I had an ache in the pit of my stomach and I have a feeling that ache will be there more than not.

I don't want my children to suffer for the decisions I've made, I don't want them to resent me, I want them to be happy ... I hope they understand that later on, especially when it comes to the bad decisions (because lets face it, there will be bad decisions or at least decisions we could have made differently).

I still remember my dad saying no when I got invited to play soccer with the EODSA ... not the big leagues or anything but it was pretty cool to be asked. Looking back I know he just wanted me to focus on school but I certainly didn't agree at the time. Will our kids understand our decisions? Probably not all of them ... and that sucks.

I know we can only do our best and hope that it all works out in the end, I just hate that feeling in the pit of my stomach ...

No comments:

Post a Comment