Thursday, October 21, 2010

My socks choke my ankles.

Its already been established that I need to work out more but this is a new low. Whenever I wear socks I feel like they are strangling my ankles. I really don't think this is related to the, ahem, few pounds that I have accumulated lately ... I think its because this summer I only wore flip flops (yet another upside of maternity leave) and my lower extremities are rejecting being covered.

It honestly feels like my ankles are being choked out. I only wear socks when I leave the house ~ when I get home the first thing I do is take them off. I might have to learn how to knit to make myself some loose socks!!

Anyone else feel like this?

2 comments:

  1. Yes - I hate socks and often do not wear them when I leave the house because of this reason...even in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a technical point of view...i think its the use of new fibers like lycra that are now being used when they make socks. Lycra is an elastic that has a memory so it doesnt get all stretched out and saggy when you wear it, instead it goes back to its original shape.
    Look for socks that are 100% cotton... unfortunetly they are hard to come by and expensive when you do find them. Damn technology....

    ReplyDelete