Sunday, October 10, 2010

Superhuman Eating Powers!

Its true, I possess superhuman eating powers. Some may wonder if its true but I can assure you, my husband does not (as he is currently watching me eat pumpkin cheesecake post turkey dinner which included pumpkin pie).

We just got back from our third of four Thanksgiving feasts. These four dinners have been spread out over five days but I probably ate enough during the first meal to sustain me for five days! There is something about a turkey dinner with all the fixin's that I just can't resist, especially mashed potatoes and gravy ... so delicious. When I was a kid the sight of turnip and brussel sprouts would make me gag, but now they are just one of the many things I love around the table at this time of year. The only thing I don't really enjoy at Thanksgiving is cranberry sauce ... I know most people like it but I could honestly do without, to me its a spot on the plate that could hold more potatoes or carrots or turkey or squash or ...

Tomorrow we are going to James' parents' for Thanksgiving dinner and I will surely once again consume more than my fair share ~ I justify this by thinking that since I have celiac and can't have the buns I can totally have a double portion of mashed potatoes! Makes sense right?!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving ~ while I am consuming these giants meals I am thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for which really is so much it at times can be overwhelming. I am such a lucky girl. Pretty soon I might be a round ball, but I will be a lucky round ball.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment