Saturday, February 26, 2011

21.1kms ... again.

I never learn ... ever.
Last time I ran a half marathon every step I swore to myself I would never do it again. Especially in the last few kilometers when I was sure I was going to die.

But, I'm an idiot and I signed up to do it again. Mainly because I want to meet my goal ... the goal I missed by 0:00:00:11. Yes, 11 one-hundredths of a second. You can just imagine the words that came spouting out of my mouth when I got my official time. Basically, had I picked it up my speed in my last 10 steps I would have made it.

And this time I have given myself less training time and I am in terrible shape. Which leads me to the second reason I am running again - evidently I am the type of person who needs to pay to stay in shape. Since Christmas I have gained eight pounds (ten if I weigh myself at night)!! Eight pounds! I gained 1/3 of Blair. Son of a ...

So off I go. Kinda. I ran once this week and was pretty sure my lungs were bleeding. And then I couldn't move for three days later. So this is going to be painful but it must be done. And this time when I cross that finish line I will hopefully be going a bit faster, just in case.

2 comments: