Tuesday, February 15, 2011

While I Was Sleeping.

I love watching my kids sleep. They look so peaceful, so happy. I peek in on them from time to time (Adam mostly as Blair hears me coming a mile away and therefore usually wakes up ... which is bad news for the rest of the night!) just to make sure they are breathing (seriously, I do) and I am always captivated. They are perfect little creatures, so darn cute with their blond hair and pink lips. It takes my breath away (cue music, lol).

At times this is tricky to do since Adam has taken to sleeping on the floor (honest ~ as I write this he is on his floor buried under a pile of pillows and blankets) or Blair is sleeping facing the wall with her butt up in the air. But its worth the search to see their faces.

The other day as I was watching Adam sleep it occurred to me that my parents probably did this ~ they probably stood at my doorway and watched me sleep. And I had no idea. There are so many things that children just don't know ~ that we can't possibly know because we were sleeping or because they happened in behind the scenes.

Being a parent has its, um, shall we say, challenges. But I only need to see my sleeping beauties to remind me just how wonderful it is.

1 comment:

  1. So true. I wish that time would stop when those moments happen...

    ReplyDelete