Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I forgot.

Yet again, I have forgotten. This time what I was going to write about ... all it took was a distracting email and the topic is completely gone from my brain. B.R.U.T.A.L. As I have previously noted, for me motherhood obviously caused some sort of brain damage as I have no memory at all (short term or long term).

Over the past few weeks I have received a few compliments about my blog ... and I have to say, its kinda nice. I honestly don't write it for anyone but myself (its such a release - I recommend it!), but to know that people 'get' what I am writing reminds me that we're all in the same-ish sort of boat. For me parenting is hard, rewarding and wonderful, but very very hard. And getting older is a little scary. And to know others feel the same way is comforting.

I hope when I go back to work (beginning of February ... booooo!!) that I will be able to find the time to post. As I said, its a great release, a great way to get something off my chest or out of my mind. Such as my last post regarding 'me time' - while its still true, re-reading it made me take a step back and question why I don't have much time to myself ... if I were organized I could have the evenings to do what I want ... therefore one of my New Years' resolutions will involve organizing my life!

Speaking of work, I am currently going through the inner battle of 1) dreading going back and leaving Blair with someone else, someone else who will see so many of her firsts 2) looking forward to the exciting challenges work will bring and 3) feeling guilty for looking forward to those challenges. Guilt ~ I hate that useless emotion, but it seems to be something most mothers go through. Is it part of our genetic make-up?

Ok, I think its time to stop, this post is all over the place and I think I need some chips and chocolate (yes, both, don't judge) ~ need to consume as much as possible now since another resolution involves getting back in shape and eating better.

No comments:

Post a Comment