Thursday, December 23, 2010

A little Grinch in me ...

So, I thought I was done Christmas shopping last week. Alas, I was wrong. So many little gifts I forgot. Off I trekked to the Michaels/Winners/Home Sense combo in town. All was going well (except for going back and forth between stores trying to find the 'right' gifts) until I had to line up at Michael's. In my mind the 'line up here' sign was pretty obvious ... so that's where I went ... apparently it was stupid day at Michael's as people started lining up wherever they felt like it. The result was that myself and the woman who had joined me in line were being overlooked.

I started to get a little irritated but was letting it go until a fifth person joined the other 'line' ... she made the mistake of asking me if I was in line. At this point I less than kindly replied that I was in fact in line. I then moved to the other line and accepted my fate.

But then the lady I was, lets say, slightly bitchy to moved to the back of the line ... and at this point this set her back at least 10 people. I felt like a sh*t. I tried to get her to go back to her spot but she wouldn't. Merry effing Christmas from me. There was no real need for me to be snarky, and really, who cares where the line is??

So I guess I am part Grinch. I didn't realize I was until that moment. Brutal. Next year I should do ALL my shopping online, that way I can avoid becoming the ugly green monster. And as a bonus, the UPS guy is terrified of our dogs so he rings the doorbell and runs to his truck (literally RUNS - its so funny), so I'll get a few laughs.

Merry Christmas everyone ... from the normal, controlled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment