Thursday, December 16, 2010

Slide Show.

What's in a picture? A thousand memories/moments/emotions/words all rolled into one. In this day and age though with everything digital we rarely pull out the laptop to go through pictures. I try to develop as much as possible but really there isn't a ton of time these days to put them in albums so I have many Costco photo envelopes in the basement just waiting to be addressed.

James recently had an idea to have a slide show of our favorite pics as our screen saver. So James took the time to go through many of our pictures (he couldn't go through them all ... to give you an idea, in the past 4.5 years I have taken over 12,000 pictures with my camera) and chose the best ones, including those that may look crappy but have a wonderful memory attached to them, for the slide show.

So now, when our laptop goes into screen saver mode we have a constant reminder of all the wonderful things we have done and the smiles of our incredibly cute and funny children staring back at us. And to put this into context, we have an open concept main level and our laptop is in the kitchen ~ so several times a day I catch myself watching the pictures and thinking of the attached memories. Pictures like these:



How could I not smile?!

No comments:

Post a Comment