Monday, December 6, 2010

To play or not to play, that is the question.

I'm a sucker for lottery tickets. I see the signs for Lotto 649 and Lotto Max and if they are over $20 million I'm so buying a ticket (never with encore mind you). And then it starts ... the what ifs ... what will I buy first? Would I quit my job? Hmm, I could go back to school! Oh, I could have a new wardrobe. Even better ... I could go to NYC and buy a new wardrobe. I could buy a new car ... what type? Wouldn't be flashy ... maybe an Escalade, a Range Rover? Definitely black, with leather interior whatever type of car I choose. I would want a new house, but selling this house would be hard ... maybe we could keep both? I'd want the Father of the Bride house, its my dream house. Blair could have a little reading nook, and Adam a games area, James could have a pool table and me, I would have a little area all to myself that would have a very pretty chaise lounge ...

And so on and so on and so on right up until the moment I check my ticket. I often delay checking the ticket because I'm on such a high from the possibilities that I know the crash will suck once I check and get the dreaded "Not a Winning Ticket". And I always do crash. I never get the person behind the counter to check the ticket - I use the self serve ... not because its faster, but because I don't want anyone to see the disappointment on my face. The disappointment of someone who had already picked out her new car, new home and booked her flight to NYC.

But for some reason, even though the crash is inevitable, I still buy tickets. Sucker for punishment or stupidly hopefully? Probably a bit of both ... but oh man, what I could do with $20 million!!

No comments:

Post a Comment