Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Apple = Awesome.

I have an iPhone 3G. To some this may be old news (I mean, like really, who doesn't have an iPhone 4??), but for me it is awesome and I LOVE it. It is the greatest phone I have ever had and is absolutely perfect for me.

James bought me the phone used as he knew I would never buy one for myself. I use it all the time. I repeat - All the time!!

So the day the wireless connection stopped working was obviously a sad day for me. We tried all the fixes the Apple website suggested and all the fixes random forums offered. But none worked. Due to this I watched my data usage go up and up and up ... and being worried about usage makes the phone not quite as great.

Seeing how bummed I was James booked me an appointment at the Apple Store. At the Genius Bar to be exact. I walked in, asked a random Apple employee and she used her cool iPad and confirmed my appointment. I was a bit early so I got to observe for a while - there was a ridiculous amount of people in the store, all of which smiling and some were even cashing out with employees who just had iPads!!

I digress, my apologies. So Nick the Apple guy comes out, checks out my phone, tries a few fixes, makes sure there's no water damage, and then goes to the back. At this point I figure the phone is toast and I'm going to have to buy a new one (because lets face it, I can't live without it now). Nick returns with my phone ... and a box ...

He explains that even though my phone is a year out of warranty, because there is nothing I could have done or foreseen to make this happen (note: I have a preschooler at home, who the heck knows what could happen! ... plus, I dropped it, my bad) they are going to replace my iPhone 3G 8GB with a new iPhone 3G 8GB for free!! Now THAT is customer service!! I did have to waive the right to a warranty but I didn't have one in the first place.

I will definitely buy Apple products again. In my opinion their customer service is unparalleled and they have earned their highly positive reputation.

So all that to say ... Apple is Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment