Monday, January 3, 2011

My apologies to Kate Gosselin.

Strange topic, yes. And it means admitting that I was once a Jon & Kate + 8 fan (to be honest, I was a pretty loyal fan, it was entertaining to me ... I am no longer a fan, stopped watching once it got more about the drama and less about their kids).

But I do have something for which I need to apologize. When watching I would judge her because she ALWAYS wore jogging-type pants. My thoughts were along the lines of 'put some effort into it' or 'get up a bit earlier and put something nice on'. This was obviously pre-kids.

Now that we have two kids (you know, 25% of the kids she has) ~ I completely understand why she spent her life in jogging pants ... its easier! Its easier to throw on a pair of jogging pants in the morning, its easier to chase kids around in jogging pants, its easier to bend over and pick a child up 500 times per day in jogging pants. Its just easier. Since having kids my jogging pant wardrobe has increased significantly! (although I have yet to buy a pair of lululemon pants ... those at least make your butt look good!)

When I do wear jeans I regret it all day ~ no matter how comfy or how stretched out they are its still a little bit harder to bend, run, change directions at a moments' notice (Blair is now climbing stairs), etc.

So my apologies Ms Gosselin (if that is in fact what you are going by now) ~ I shouldn't have judged, I just didn't understand. Now I do. And now I am wondering how I am going to wear dress pants to work for 8+ hours per day once I go back in February, they just aren't comfortable.



P.S. Jogging pants are especially easier after the holidays ... when my old friend The Tire returns.

3 comments:

  1. booooooooooooooooooo to dress pants at work!!! I hear ya on the jogging pants! Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me sad. The next step is PJ pants. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry James, once I go back to work the jogging pants will be forced into retirement .. which means no slippery slope to pj pants.

    ReplyDelete