Sunday, January 30, 2011

I missed a first.

As previously reported James and Adam are bonding over apple juice and cinnamon buns at the cottage this weekend. I think this is so great for both of them and hope its something they start doing regularly (not too often though, I would miss them too much). But with that wish I have to accept that I am going to miss stuff, I am going to miss Adam discovering new things.

This weekend Adam went snowshoeing for the first time. I know I have probably missed many 'firsts' but I have been there for all the major ones and I feel like this one was big. Our little big man, learning to snowshoe.

Its a weird feeling knowing that I missed this moment. Its weird trying to accept that I am going to miss so many moments in their lives. Blair is about to start daycare, and aside from the the week we were away on our cruise, I haven't missed a day with her ... but I will now. I wonder if her daycare provider will be overwhelmed when I ask how her day was by saying "tell me everything!"?

Thankfully James took several pictures of Adam snowshoeing and his excitement is palpable in them ... he looks like he's having so much fun! So much so I have to share:














I already know I am going to be the annoying mom who wants to know everything ... and now I understand why my mom always asked what I did, where I went, who I saw ... she wasn't being curious, she wasn't being nosy ... she just wanted to know, because she wasn't there, because she missed moments (ok, and maybe just a little bit nosy).

2 comments:

  1. J, this post just made me cry. Thank you for writing like "all the moms" out there. Thank you for putting your thoughts on "paper" and making us feel like we're not all alone and crazy. :) I just spent the most wonderful morning with Maddy doing nothing too special. Just her and me, and I know how you feel. The whole time I was with her I was just thinking about how fast she's growing and how much I miss even when she IS with me! You write so well, and it's so nice to read! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much Kristin :)
    I love writing these posts ... its such a great outlet.
    The 'nothing special' days are so often the best ones eh?

    ReplyDelete