Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011!! I can't believe another year has passed us by ... I have always felt that years have gone by quickly but I have to say since we have had kids the speed at which years pass is crazy. There truly is no time like kid time. And I suppose in the last three years we've been pretty busy so that contributes to the speed of time ... feels like warp speed!

2010 was a big year for us .. we welcomed Blair into our lives (thankfully rather quickly this time), Adam potty trained himself (its true, we can't take any credit), we painted the house, learned to travel with two kids (aka pack a ridiculous amount of stuff into a Santa Fe), James and I both turned 30 ... etc etc. It was a great year.

And now we start 2011 with events I have to admit I am a little leary about ... I am going back to work and Blair is starting at a home daycare (side note re home daycare: I know there are many great home daycares out there, we had a back experience when looking for a daycare for Adam that has made us nervous).

I love my job. I really do. I tripped into a line of work that I could honestly do for the rest of my life. I work with some really great people who make work fun. But, it means leaving my children with someone else, it means missing moments in their lives. I imagine most working mothers feel like this, I know I'm not the only one ~ its still hard though. And this time when I go back to work it will be a whole new world ... I don't know 75% of the employees (slightly higher than normal turnover in our office), I will have several new bosses ~ which means proving myself all over again, and I am not entirely sure what my role in the organization will be. Ugh.

But I am trying to be positive about these events ... I am actually trying to be more positive in general. Its part of my New Year's resolution. I started out with a zillion mini resolutions but once I started reviewing them I realized they all had a similar theme ... Be Better. My resolution for 2011 is simply to:

Be Better

Be a Better Mom

Be a Better Wife
(I'll admit I'm a bit of a nag ... )

Be Better at staying in shape

Be Better at keeping a tidy home

Be more positive


Along with many others. I initially had things like 'lose 10 pounds' but I am going to see how the general resolution works this year. My priority is to be a better mom though ~ we have great kids who deserve great, patient parents (those who know me well know that patience is not one of my virtues).

We shall see what 2011 brings ~ should be an exciting year!

Happy New Year to you all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment