Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good Days and Bad Days.

Today was a bad day. A very bad mommy day. My almost three year old told me not to yell (for the record I was not yelling at him ... I was yelling at our busted ass can opener) ... brutal.

Some days I wake up and I can handle anything - anything the world and the kids throw at me I can take and deal with it like a champ. Others, not so much. There is a pattern to this - if I wake up tired its probably not going to be a good day. My patience switch is so much easier to trip when I am tired.

Even though I know I am being unreasonable (how much can one really expect from a preschooler?) I still can't snap out of it.

Its not like I am not getting sleep - the trouble is, its still broken sleep (Blair refuses to sleep through the night). Broken sleep = a cranky Jaclyn. This scares me since my return to work is less than a month away. I fear snapping at my boss may not be good for my career. But more importantly it scares me because I don't want Adam to think of me as a lunatic ... a lunatic that screams at can openers.

I hope tomorrow is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment