Friday, September 3, 2010

Much Ado About Nothing

Sometimes when I think about blogging (that makes it sound like I've been doing this for quite some time, and not three days) my thoughts are quite scattered. So today's blog is based on the random thoughts I've had throughout the day.

Today I was leaving a store and as I was leaving a mother was coming in with her sons ... not one, not two, not three, but four teenage boys! I ended up holding the door for them and each and every one of them said thank you ... with no prompting from their mother. It was so nice to see. I hope my kids are as polite as these four were.

(Wait ... did I just write about manners?! Oh man I'm old)

I'm watching Practical Magic right now. I'm such a sucker for chick flicks. I love how I can just check out, turn my brain off, and watch. In my opinion this one is a classic ~ Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman ~ doesn't get much better. And really, I think we all want to believe that there is a little magic out there. There was just a scene where Sandra Bullock was wearing socks with heals ... I sincerely hope that is a fashion statement that doesn't come back!

Stemming from the above ... the reason I chose Practical Magic for tonight's guilty pleasure is I have the soundtrack playing in my car right now. You might be thinking 'soundtrack? who buys soundtracks?' ~ I used to buy them all the time (you know, when buying CDs was still cool). I love listening to them and remembering the part in the movie to which it is connected. My personal favorite on this soundtrack is Joni Mitchell's 'A Case of You'. I can't help but sing along.

I want chips right now. I am not even hungry. This is the inner battle I have multiple times per day. Me want food ~ Me no need food. Its so annoying. Does anyone else have this battle? There was no battle when I was pregnant ... it went like this: Me want food ~ Me get food. But its time for me to start eating better and start exercising. I know these are two things I need to do ... but why can't I get off the couch? I'd love to know some tricks, got any?

That's it for now. Back to the movie and then the to-do list (which is ridiculously long). Have a wonderful long weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment