Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A sad realization.

The other day I was driving Adam to daycare and on the way we passed by a high school ... many kids were outside (I suppose waiting until the very last minute to go in ~ that's what I did) ... and I started thinking to myself that none of them looked old enough to be in high school. They looked sooooo young. I felt a mild relief when I saw someone who in my opinion looked old enough ~ and then a huge sinking feeling once I realized she was a teacher (given away by the briefcase rather than backpack/shoulder bag).

It was then I realized that perhaps I don't have an accurate view of myself and what I look like. I took a moment and looked in the rearview mirror and really looked ~ yup, I have wrinkles ... didn't have those in high school ~ my hair isn't quite as vibrant (or, um, natural) anymore ~ BUT I did have a glimmer of hope ... a pimple! For the first time in my life I was excited to have a pimple.

But maybe the most important thing is how we view ourselves ~ so I am going to forget what I saw in the mirror and continue to pretend I look younger than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment