Sunday, September 5, 2010

Today WAS Better :)

So, it was not the stupendous day I had hoped for but it was much better. I only yelled once ... and it was at the dogs! Adam was still very trying but I suppose that is his MO right now ~ test mommy to see how far she can be pushed. We went for a two hour walk (to Starbucks ... soon I will post about my love for this establishment!) and Adam was really good. We went and fed the ducks and a random ground hog (to be known as Bob from now on) on the way home and he really enjoyed himself.

Adam still threw tantrums, hit, kicked and was a pain in the you know what at times but since I remained calm the moments never escalated to something unmanageable like they did yesterday. And we had a snuggle on the couch and a conversation I hope I never forget ... I was crying (damn country music, I'm an emotional wreck ever since becoming a mom!) and after asking why Adam stated that he could make me happy. 'Look mommy (pointing at a wall of with frames hanging), pictures, they will make you smile' and then 'Did I make you happy?', to which I replied that he made me happy everyday. We cuddled in this moment for a while ~ and then he asked to watch Wonderpets (priorities!).

To end the evening Adam did wind up and slap me across the face but that is probably my fault as he was tired and should have already been in bed. Overall, a good weekend ... I learned alot (this parenting gig is a constant learning process), had many wonderful moments with my children, and pigged out over and over again!



No comments:

Post a Comment