Thursday, September 2, 2010

Slip 'N Slide

The moment I saw the slip 'n slide at the grocery store I just had to have it. 'Adam will love it' was my thinking. James was less enthused 'weren't those things banned in the 90s?'. But they are new and improved now ... a pool at the end and a blow up crab which continuously sprays water on the slide.

So, on a hot day I decide to break out the slide. I psych Adam up (looking back I may have been the one who was psyched), grab the box and we head outside.

Here's how it went:

Get Adam in bathing suit, set up slide (this is quite a process with the pool and crab, not like the old ones where you lay out the yellow plastic and go for it), fix slide (Adam!), watch Adam jump on slide, show Adam how to use slide (might I add - I was in my clothes!), throw Adam down slide, throw Adam down slide, throw Adam down slide, "mommy, let's play tractors". Entire process - 27 minutes!! Why do I bother?!

Note to self: he is 2.5 ... running and sliding might be a bit beyond his abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment