Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh how things change.

Before I had kids my choice of things to do were soccer, watch useless television, shopping ... and more things along those lines, definitely not playgroups and scrapbooking! Before kids I actually (and wrongfully) mocked playgroups and once went to a scrapbook party and complained the whole time.

But ever since having Adam I have to say I now get it ... playgroups are mommies saviour, its not some elite club that moms intentionally exclude others from, its a place where moms can get together with people who understand why you didn't get to have a shower today. And both my kids will have scrapbooks ... because its alot of fun to document some of the special moments in their lives with some stickers and colour. And its an excuse to get together with friends, sip some wine (or in my case, bacardi breezer) and talk, talk, talk.

I still play soccer and watch terrible tv that's bad for my brain (I admit shopping is mainly for the kids but I still get satisfaction from it) but I now enjoy things I never ever thought I would. But it kind of scares me for what's next ... quilting?!

No comments:

Post a Comment