Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oxygen.

My mom, bless her, shares her magazines with me. This is fun and exciting when its People or Hello (who doesn't love seeing which stars have cellulite?), I even enjoy Chatelaine for the recipes ~ but lately she has been really focused on health and fitness and her new favorite mag is Oxygen.

Given that I am obviously still *considering* working out, and not actually working out I perused an issue. First, by the time I got through the protein powder ads I was pretty tired, but second ... seriously?! The first advice I read was that I needed to give up sugar (WTF?!), carbs, etc., etc., etc. Next was recommended exercises based on calories burned per hour ~ I was happy to read that mountain biking was the highest calorie burner but disappointed when I saw that it was based on a 5'8" 130lb woman!!

Then there were some recipes ... that I have NO CHANCE of ever making as they all have 10+ ingredients of things of which I have never heard. Some interesting exercises are included ~ but apparently I'm a visual person because I don't understand many of the explanations.

So I am going to stick to People, Us Weekly, etc. for now because honestly, Oxygen kinda scares me.

1 comment:

  1. That makes me a little sad, it was my one go to magazine when we lived in Canada! Give it another try, but once you're "zoned in" on the workout train. I found it really motivating, and yes ignore all the ads they're crap. But the exercises and recipes are pretty good. Oh and another thing from both of us (and yes we don't have kids, and know you are way buisier but..) CROSSFIT!!!!! Love you Jacs xoxo

    ReplyDelete