Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Starbucks. Oh how I love you.

Grande, non-fat, no water chai.
100% awesome.

When I initially started going to Starbucks I would get a grande vanilla cream. Basically milk with a shot of vanilla. Yes, I paid for this. But then I copied a friend's drink one time and never looked back. There is something so wonderful about a Tazo Chai Latte ... made at Starbucks (I have tried to make them at home but its just not the same). I have changed up the latte a bit, here's how its gone over this two year love-affair:

~ Grande Tazo Chai
~ Grande Tazo Chai with non-fat milk (should have never looked at the calories on the website!)
~ Grande Tazo Chai, 1/4 water, non-fat milk
~ Grande Tazo Chai, non-fat, no water chai

Yup, I wrote Grande every single time ... I love saying 'Grrrrande'.

Starbucks really is great. I love when I go and ask for this drink they don't look at me like I have two heads. They are happy to make it for me and if by chance it doesn't taste quite right ~ they make me a new one ... at no charge!!

Since I am on maternity leave I do go a tad more than I should ... but I justify it by saying that Blair has a great time when she's there. Weak excuse, yes, but she actually does have a great time. Our children are people watchers, therefore Starbucks is the perfect place since people are always coming and going.

The sad party of this story is that Adam can order for James and I now. If we ask him what mommy and daddy are having he says 'chai and mocha'. He hasn't quite gotten the sizes yet (Grande and Venti) but I'm sure that's coming.

Part of me thinks that a component of this addiction is the cups. There's something about the way they fit in your hand. Sometimes they try to stiff me of a sleeve and its just not the same. It has to be the whole shebang for it to be completely wonderful.

Ok, I'm rambling. I hope this post accurately portrays how I feel about Starbucks, specifically the magical drink I call mine :)



P.S. Would love to hear about your drink!

1 comment:

  1. I so love starbucks too...the cup is definitely a huge part of the enjoyment...the tazo chai w/ soy is one of my favourites but my ultimate drink is a grande, half-sweet white mocha, non-fat americano misto and since I'm currently breastfeeding I have to make it 2/3 decaf. I like to switch the flavours up with the seasons too - fall it's pumpkin, winter it's gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete