Monday, September 6, 2010

Time to indulge ...

... because tomorrow I am turning over a new leaf in terms of my eating habits and exercise. While I know its necessary (I am currently pondering what order I should eat my lava cakes and chips) its still a little depressing. I love food ~ its awesome. I know there are people out there who can have just one, I'm just not one of them. I'm more in the 'ok, just one more' category ~ this leads to overeating and feeling crappy.

So tomorrow I am going to break out the running shoes and try to eat better. While losing a few pounds would be welcome, I want to do this to feel better. I feel soooooo much better when I am active and eating relatively healthy (notice I put 'relatively' in there ~ I am realistic that I will still eat cake and chips, just hopefully not as frequently as I do now). I am a better mom, a better wife, a better friend, really a better person when I am active. I also want to set a good example for Adam ~ I'd say Blair too but she's sooo lazy, just sits there all day ;) ~ I think its so important for him to see James and I as active people, because I want him to be active too. What's that expression? Lead by example.

I am not particularly looking forward to the 'oh my ... shoot me' feeling I am going to have as I try to get one foot in front of the other at a decent pace, but I am looking forward to the feeling once I am done!

Fingers crossed that I actually do it this time ~ I'll be honest, I've said I would do it before ... a few times. I am going to use My Fitness Pal (myfitnesspal.com) to help me out ... and anyone who wants to join me for a walk/jog/run please let me know!

I hope you had a great long weekend!




P.S. Just in case you were wondering ... its going to be chips then lava cakes (with whip cream on top).

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Jacs!!!! CROSSFIT ALL THE WAY! You got this buddy.. we'll be behind you all the way from here! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be joining you Jac! I am restarting my active lifestyle too so I will join you any day for a walk - I am no runner ;) but I can power walk like nobody's business!

    ReplyDelete