Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A new season is upon us!

James and I survived without television for a year. And then Blair was born and the Olympics were on ... and I begged for it back (just for a while of course, at least that was my line). We cut cable because 1) I was watching way too much tv and 2) we're cheap. But I just couldn't hack it. And now a new season has arrived and I have to say I am pretty excited. Much like movies, I use tv to 'check out', to not think about the every day. I try not to watch too much but the freakin' reality shows always suck me in ... like Dancing with the Stars. LOVE IT. Here are the shows I am hoping to tune into this year ... hopefully I don't become a couch potato but as you'll see from the list below that's looking like a huge possibility!

~ Parenthood ... stars Lauen Graham ... those who know me well will know that I had severe withdrawal when Gilmore Girls ended so its nice to see Lorelei back on the small screen. This show is awesome. I don't think many people know about it but its real, its funny, and it makes me look forward to the future with my children even more.

~ Gossip Girl ... need I say more?! But the fact that its an 'online exclusive' pisses me off (excuse my language). Chances are I won't watch it.

~ Grey's Anatomy ... I didn't really watch this show much last year but the season finale has me looking forward to this season. And really, as long as McSteamy is in it I'm happy.

~ Dancing with the Stars ... if they can do it we could right (if we wanted, but we have other things to do)?

~ Castle ... started watching last year cause its on right after DWTS and got hooked. There's something about their chemistry that keeps me coming back. Not sure how she wears those heels in foot chases but hey, its just tv!

~ Private Practice ... interested to see where it goes this season, but its not one I'll miss if something else comes up.

That's it for now but there are some new shows that have me intrigued ... Hawaii Five-O (yes, cheesy, but could have potential) and The Defenders with Jim Belushi and Jerry O'Connell looks hilarious. Not sure how I will fit them in though ...

Would love to hear what you're tunning into this season ... what am I missing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment